Nursery Attendant Sunday Mornings (Infants and Toddler)
The Nursery Attendant is responsible for the care of infants and toddlers during Sunday morning 8:00 AM and 10:45 am worship services, Sunday morning fellowship time, and Sunday School Faith Development. We are seeking an adult to provide a consistent presence for very young children. This individual should be warm, loving, and work to provide an environment that reassures young parents as they leave their babies in the nursery.
• Open and set up the church nursery at 7:30 am on Sunday mornings
• Clean up nursery by 1:30 pm Sunday mornings (Clean-up between worship services)
• Provide light custodial services (i.e. cleaning up spills, wiping counters) as needed
• Check in/out all children, collecting any information needed
• Engage the children in creative play, songs, stories, and otherwise provide a happy, wholesome nursery experience
• Monitor condition of nursery equipment and supplies and alert Nursery Coordinator or Director of Children’s Ministries of any needs
• Other duties as assigned for other events, activities, and special worship services.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with parents and children in a professional manner.
• Childcare experience necessary. Please provide references.
• Understanding of basic first aid, including child/infant CPR training, Safe Sanctuary training (or must be willing to become certified)
• Must be willing to provide all aspects of childcare, including changing diapers and giving bottles
• Flexibility and creativity in solving problems/conflicts
The Nursery Attendant is supervised by the Director of Children’s Ministries reports to Pastor/Staff Parish Relations Committee, the Senior Pastor and is expected to work with other nursery staff, and volunteers; and in a cooperative relationship with facility, program and administrative staff, church leadership, and members.
Contact or Send Resume:
Mary Bush, email@example.com, Director of Children’s Ministries
Carole Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org, Chair of the Staff-Parish Relations Committee, or
Pastor Monica Jefferson, 314-837-4233 Ext. 5, email@example.com
St. Andrew United Methodist Church, 3975 N. US Highway 67, Florissant, MO 63034.